At Essentials Massage & Facials Spa, we are committed to a stress-free, relaxing experience, every time. This includes friendly staff, professional massage therapists and a tranquil and inviting environment. Here is what else you can expect from your first session
Learn about Facials, Reasons to get them & What to Expect during your Facial
What is a Facial?
Facial is a professional cleansing, purifying, and beautifying treatment of the skin on the face and neck. Facials are a great way for your esthetician to get a good understanding of your skin prior to suggesting more aggressive treatments. For most people facials can be scheduled every three to four weeks, although your therapist may recommend a different schedule there are many variations of facials based on different needs they usually last about one clinical hour. Tell your esthetician exactly what you want to get out of it and she or he will recommend a treatment to meet your needs.
Five Important Reasons to Get a Facial
1. Getting a facial is just like going to the dentist for a routine cleaning. You still brush your teeth at home, but you trust the professional for the deep cleansing and maintenance. Why stop at your teeth? A facial treatment can guarantee you a deep cleansing better than the type of cleaning you typically do at home. It includes cleansing, exfoliation, and hydration which can help you unclog your pores and get rid of deep seated dirt and impurities that affect the overall health and appearance of your skin.
2. A facial can help you understand the proper products specifically suited for your skin. Many people unknowingly are using the wrong products for their skin type causing their skin to become sensitized. Skin type is determined by pore size, tone, oil production, and texture. This is an important component of starting to create beautiful skin.
3. Facial treatments guarantee to rejuvenate your complexion. It is one of the best ways to restore your skin's natural glow. Facial treatments help get rid of old and dead skin cells and promote the new growth of healthy skin cells.
4. Regular facials can lessen your stress and add to the quality of your daily life. Almost all facial treatments can help you feel relaxed especially if it is combined with massage. Experts believe that your body releases hormones that make you happy called endorphins when you are in your most relaxed state.
5. While cost of getting regular facials may add up, they can also be potential money-savers in being that it is a great preventative care treatment to leave skin looking more youthful and radiant, avoiding other more costly anti-aging and skin beautifying procedures. Think of it as providing your face regular "tune-ups", like you would service your vehicle. The cost of maintenance is considerably less than the costs down the road to repair.
Preparing for a facial
Be sure to allow enough time to full out New Client Form prior to your treatment. Plan to arrive a little early so you will not feel rushed and enjoy the entire length of your treatment. Remember that your hair may become a little damp during the facial, and will usually be held back from your face with a soft wrap or headband, so you may not want to schedule a date immediately after your facial!
What to expect
Facials are generally very relaxing and soothing. Your esthetician will explain to you what the treatment steps will be. Be sure to communicate with your esthetician during the facial if any product gives an over intensified sensation of activity or if you need anything or have any questions. Otherwise just lie back and enjoy the experience. Each of Essentials Massage & Facials Spa's facials includes cleansing, skin analysis, toning, mask, treatment, and massage.
If you wish, you can upgrade any facial to maximize the benefits of the professional treatment.
Your esthetician will make a professional recommendation for the best home care products to continue the improvement in your skin following your professional treatment. This way, you will be using products that maximize benefits and prolong the effects of your treatment. Your therapist can explain how, when and how much of the product to use. Feel free to call spa after your purchase the products if you have any questions.
Learn about Massages, Reasons to get them & What to Expect during your Massage
While your massage experience at Essentials Massage & Facials Spa is very relaxing and luxurious, it has been medically proven that regular sessions of therapeutic massages is a necessity. For the best results, it is recommended to have regular massage sessions, however you may be able to see benefits of your massage even after a single massage session!
Benefits of Massage Therapy
Helps manage pain
Improves flexibility and range of motion
Lowers blood pressure
Strengthens the immune system
Improves rehabilitation after surgery
Your First Massage
Essentials Massage & Facials Spa welcomes walk ins, however we recommend that you make an appointment so that we reserve your preferred time and therapist just for you. Once you arrive at Essentials Massage & Facials Spa, our friendly front desk will welcome you and ask you to fill out New Client Form. New Client Form is where you record any medical history, injuries and other physical conditions your therapist should be made aware of prior to starting your session. Your massage therapist will greet you and take you to a relaxing, beautiful treatment room. After discussing the form you filled out and the reason for your visit, your massage therapists will leave the room and wait outside while you undress to your level of comfort. The massage etiquette varies for clients. Some clients prefer to completely disrobe, while some will remain partially clothed. Either option is fine. Once disrobed, you will lie on the massage table, under the top sheet. Your massage therapist will give you a few minutes for this process and will knock on the door to ask if you are ready before entering your room.
You will always be draped with the top sheet during your massage session and an additional blanket is available at your request. The etiquette your massage therapist will follow is to only uncover the part of the body they are working on, ensuring that your modesty is respected at all times.
You can expect a tranquil and comfortable environment during your massage. The massage table is padded and a heating blanket is placed beneath the sheet, which you can have adjusted to your preference. There will be relaxing music playing, unless you request otherwise, and the room should be quiet, with no outside distractions.
Before beginning the session, your therapist will ask you to alert them if, at any time during the session, a technique or stroke they are using is uncomfortable. Depending on your specific needs or requests, your massage therapist will either perform a customized full-body massage (for general relaxation and stress reduction) or focus on the specific parts of your body that you have requested. Massage Envy Spa uses only the highest quality hypoallergenic massage creams and lotions for your massage.
Once your massage therapy session is complete, your therapist will leave the room so you may re-dress. Your therapist will wait outside the room for you with a cup of water, and then take you back to the front area when you're ready. Our massage therapy sessions vary from 1-hour to 1 ½-hour to 2 hours in length. Each session includes a 5 minute pre-interview and 5 minutes at the end for you to re-dress.
We look forward to seeing you for your first visit. If you have any questions about the etiquette during a massage, one of our friendly front desk associates will be happy to answer them for you.